| back |
section of the exposition | other works |
Unknown artist of the mid-XIX century
Otrada Manor. View from the Hill on the River Lopasnya. 1850-iås
Oil on canvas. 59 õ 101
Received in 1927 from SMF.
Otrada Manor was located in Serpukhov district, Moscow province. Since 1774 was owned by the Earl Vladimir Grigorievich Orlov, who arranged the main architectural and construction works in 1775-1800, including the stone palace and a vast landscape garden on both sides of the river with chain of ponds, pavilions and green-houses. In the mid-XIX century the manor was inherited by Vladimir Petrovich Davydov, the grandson of the Earl V.G.Orlov, who, in the absence of the male lineal heir, inherited the title and the surname Orlov-Davydov in 1856.
In his time there were some smaller changes undertaken in the manor - the fence was erected under G.A.Bosse design and the main facade was slightly rebuilt.