| back |
section of the exposition | other works |
Polyakov Ivan Nikolaevich. 1805 - after 1847
Landscape painter. Icon-painter. Serf of Lazarevs from the village Chermoza, Perm province. Originated from the family of official servants in the salt industry. In 1820 entered the icon-painting workshop to «learn painting art». In 1833-1835 took instructions of P.P.Vedenetsky in Nizhny Novgorod. In 1835-1838 was an icon-painter at Chermoza plant. Since 1838 appointed as a «storekeeper of the forest-food supplies» and «moreover <...> engaged in icon-painting for churches of icons et. al.».
View of the Chermoza plant. 1837
Oil on canvas. 75,5 õ 142
Signed and dated, bottom: Čāąķś Ļīė’źīāś āś 1837 ć
Received in 1943 from the exhibition «Urals - the Forge of Arms».
Chermoza metal plant was owned by Lazarevs.