| back |
section of the exposition | other works |
Artist of the mid-XIX century.
Moscow Fire brigades in Prechistenka. 1845
Paper, watercolour. 48 õ 60
Signed, bottom left: Ð.Ï.×åðêàñîâú. Inscription with the censor’s approval and the date, bottom field: 1845.
Transferred in 1930 from the Museum of Old Moscow.
Original for the photo-etching «Moscow Fire Station» (1853, metallography by
A.Loginov). Moscow fire station was opened in Prechistenka Street in the house of Ermolov in 1835. At that time the building was considerably rebuilt and a fire-bell erected (pulled down in the 1930-ies).